Sunday, March 7, 2010

I heart yarn

I don't know why but I love yarn. It's a dangerous obsession to have since it requires more and more space (to stash special balls of yarn) and more and more time to make projects with aforementioned special balls. Lately I rediscovered two beautiful yarns I bought just before Christmas when I visited this awesome yarn store in Santa Monica called Wildfiber. Since they were both quite pricey I bought only one ball of each yarn, limiting me on what I could actually make--but hey all I care about is that I have the yarn. The first is Gossamer by Karabella Yarns in white pearl and one ball of Alpaca Cotton in Raindrop by the notoriously awesome Rowan Yarns. While I still haven't figured out what to do with the Rowan (my dream is to make a hat but I really doubt I'll have enough of the stuff) I've decided to make a cowl with the Karabella. As a result as of late I've become obsessed with trowling the internet and for a cowl pattern that is worthy of this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment